Apple and Star Fruit Juice
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled and cored
- 2 star fruits, peeled and seeded
- 3 Pontianak/Medan oranges, juiced (about 200 ml)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Put everything in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain into serving glasses to get a clear juice.
- Serve immediately.
- 4 starfruit
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 bunch red grapes
- 1 bunch green grapes
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 pineapple, peeled
- 40 small to medium strawberries
- 40 bamboo skewers
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and remove the seeds.
- Using a melon baller, make 40 balls out of the cantaloupe. OR, slice the cantaloupe into 1/2-inch slices and cut out shapes using a small cookie cutter.
- Cut the watermelon in half and, using a melon baller, make 40 balls.
- Cut pineapple into 1/2-inch slices, then cut the slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut each starfruit into 10 1/4-inch slices.
- Assemble the fruit wands by gently sliding each piece of fruit onto each skewer in this order: 1 Slice of Starfruit (this becomes the star on top), 1 Ball of Watermelon, 1 Red Grape, 1 Green Grape, 1 Piece of Cantaloupe, 1 Cube of Pineapple, 1 Strawberry.
- 4 star fruits
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ Tbsp orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Slice the star fruit in to large chunks, place in a food processor and puree the fruit.
- Strain the fruit in a fine strainer to get all of the juice out of the star fruit without the peel and chunks. Use a spoon to push the fruit through the strainer to get all of the juice out. Don’t want to miss out on any of that delicious fruit.
- Whisk in the sugar, zest and vanilla extract. Add the milk, whisk, then place the custard in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pour the custard in to your ice cream maker and in only 5 minutes, the sherbet should be churned! Your ice cream maker might take longer so just keep an eye on your custard.
- At this point you can just chow down on the sherbet or you can place it in the freezer to harden even more.