3:15-4:45: Action Session Day 1
- HELLO LOVELY AND BRILLIANT COLLEAGUES! WELCOME!!!
- Who you are?
- Why you care about digital preservation
- What preservation project you are working on or what do you not want to see lost due to nobody bothering to do the preservation work?
- Collect email addresses for web site logins
- Good reference resource: http://handbook.dpconline.org/
- Use it to give us preservation experience
- <TANGENT> PDF/a vs. web usability
- A great example of access vs. preservation
- different goals lead to different choices
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
- Group or small group questions:
- What matters about electronic literature that is worth preserving?
- What kinds of artifacts are we talking about preserving?
- Who are the audiences and stakeholders of archives?
- 100 years ago :: 100 years in the future
- Roadmap for the next two days
- Saturday: what can we borrow that’s already existing?
- Sunday: what do we need to develop that is unique to ELO?
Notes from Friday’s action session