10:30-12 noon: Action Session Day 2
The goals for Saturday’s session are to continue the conversation from Friday and also to examine the needs that ELO members have for digital preservation best practices. As we work we can identify particular formats and artifacts of works of electronic literature and then examine existing standards of best practices from other communities and determine what are existing best practices that well meet our needs.
Discussion and notes page for ELO digital preservation needs
One way of achieving this would be for us to work as a group to identify the formats and artifacts of electronic literature we need best practices for and then break into smaller working groups to scour existing documents. We can then evaluate and choose practices that will work for us.
- Canada Heritage Information Network — digital preservation
- The U.S. Library of Congress’ digital preservation hub
- Digital Preservation Coalition’s Preservation handbook
- Community Owned digital Preservation Tool Registry (COPTR)
- This is **not** an exclusive list, we should discuss, add more, remove some, etc.
We have separate discussion spaces for small groups to work and record their progress. (There may be administrative work to be sure we all have access to modify these pages.)