31 years ago the Rotary Club of Greater Clark County started a rose sale fundraising event. The goal was to raise funds that could be used for local and international projects to help improve the lives of our community and people worldwide. But what started as a fundaiser become something much more; a day of the year to honor and show someone how much they mean to you.
The citizens of Southwest Washington have come to look forward to Rotary Rose Day where a gift of a dozen beautiful long stem roses might brighten up their day. Ask anyone about Rotary Rose Day. You’ll hear stories about how their accountant, banker or realtor gives them roses every year to say Thank You. You will hear about husbands who left their wives a gift of roses every year to say I love you. You’ll hear about Rotarians dressed in Tuxedos showing up at homes and businesses to share cheer and joy through roses. Become part of the story. Share the gift of a rose.
The money you spend on roses does much more than just brighten someone’s day. Since its inception, through your support Rotary Rose Day has provided direct grants of over seven hundred thousand dollars and participated in hundreds of projects that directly touched the lives of thousands of Clark County residents.
Some of those projects are:
- College Scholarships
- Annual Community Block party held in partnership with Open House Ministries
- Building raised beds gardens at the WSU Legacy farm
- Bicycle safety and training rodeo with Bike Vancouver and the Boys & Girls Club
- Providing school supplies, coats, socks to school kids in Vancouver
- Supporting literacy within Evergreen schools
- And the ongoing thirty-plus-year effort to eradicate Polio worldwide
Your Rotary Rose Day purchases are tax deductible. We can’t thank you enough for your support.