nothing interesting to say, but this proves it works!
first post from me
- Chance to create a project
- Show what you can do
- What you want to do
- Show who you are (personality)
- Only your own work!!
- the Best parts in under 60 seconds
- What is your aim in getting work?
- “Scene” style 15-20 seconds of projects: JAMES SHARPE – WRITER / DIRECTOR SHOWREEL 2015 on Vimeo
- “Collage” style cut to music: Documentary Reel 2012 on Vimeo, Andy Catarisano • Cinematography Reel 2014 on Vimeo
- “Before and After” Process work: Colorist – Demo Reel – Rémy De Vlieger – Da Vinci Resolve on Vimeo
- Keep it short- 1-2 minutes.
- Wow in the first 10-20 seconds
- Show most recent and best work first
- Show variety, but concentrate on particular skills
- Show personality / passions
- Include: Name, Contact Info in Reel
- Music?? nothing copyrighted! Get public domain music
- All your own work (text overlay to comment on this)
- Don’t repeat shots
- Recognizable brands
- Sequence shots
- Pay attention to aspect ratio (black bars)
- No errors -check spelling/grammar
- Get critiques from others
- Know what your ideal employers want to see – do your research
- Get it seen, promote, use social media
- Include two or three sentence description.