To Do This Week:
data types: strings, numbers, booleans, arrays
basic operators and “shortcut” operators
objects / methods / properties
QUIZ 1 – Wednesday March 1 (10%)
A multiple choice and short answer quiz (identify syntax, errors and read scripts)
Objects and Classes: Mealplanner “Function Factory”
Ideas for classes and constructors?
Maps Project Workshop
Map Projects List
Map Project DUE Monday March 20th
Grading will be based on 1) effort in scripting and using the API, 2) interaction design and 3) visual hierarchy
- The Map should have at least 4 markers
- The Map’s interactive design should consider the user’s experience. Interaction should be clear and accessible.
- The Map and the page elements should have a harmonious color scheme
- Typography and graphic elements should have thoughtful Visual Hierarchy
- Make sure photos are proportionally presented
- Include in the <head>, using HTML comments <!– –>, your comments about the project. Just write a brief statement about the API you used (MapBox) and if you used ChatGPT or any other resources
- Upload the project in a folder called “map” – be sure to include the index.html file, an external js file if you have one, and your images folder. Check the Map Projects List to make sure the link works.
- If you are going to be late with your project, you must contact me on Slack ahead of time and let me know when you will complete it