This showcase documents the work that the participants produced during the week in the “Documenting Born Digital Creative and Scholarly Projects” course. Projects included a Scalar book and entries for the ELMCIP Knowledge Base, the Electronic Literature Directory (ELD), and Wikipedia. All projects required research and written documentation, but they also potentially include documentation via video, sound, and image. In some cases participants conducted Traversals and interviews, following the Pathfinders methodology. The course itself is documented in at the ELMCIP Knowledge Base by Ryan House.
This project is a documentation effort to capture as many of the “significant properties” of Brian Eno’s and Peter Chilvers’s groundbreaking generative music app–Bloom.
- Matt Schultz, Grand Valles State U Libraries
- Macy L Miller, United States Air Force Academy
This project documents the interactive essay by Brandon Parfitt that explores choice and narration in the interactive fiction game The Stanley Chronicle.
- Shannon Lucky, University Library, University of Saskatchewan
- Becca Quon, Digital Library Federation
- Alanna Marie Blackall, University of Victoria
“Enchanting the Desert” by Nicholas Bauch was published in 2016 by Stanford University Press. This documentation describes and catalogs the interactive digital project’s interface, development, technical specifications, and publicity and reception.
- Robin Camille Davis, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Adam Newman, Emory University
- Evie Cordell, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Jasmine Mulliken, Stanford University Press
- Stacy Reardon, UC Berkeley
- Alejandro Echeverria, UC Riverside
- Elizabeth Bedford, University of Washington Libraries
- Julia Polyck-O’Neill, Brock University
- Lori Ricigliano, University of Puget Sound
Scalar book | ELMCIP Knowledge Base entry for Aaron Tucker | Electronic Literature Directory entry for Aaron Tucker | ELD entry for Loss Sets | Wikipedia entry for Aaron Tucker | Wikipedia entry for Chessbard