- DTC 101 Textbook: 08 Digital Art & Expression
- Program or Be Programmed: 9. Openness
Choose one of the digital and computational techniques (simulation, algorithmic design, etc) discussed in the chapter Digital Art & Expression. What about the computer method/technique appeals to you? How do you think the technique might develop as an art form? What would you make with this method/technique?
creative activity (#5):
These instructions are an algorithm for digital art making:
- Find an image using Google image search and download it (digital ready-made)
- Open the image in Photoshop or Gimp or some other online tool to alter the image into a pleasing distortion from its original state using glitch, noise, remix, color change, mask and layering. Try to change it by at least 30%.
- Give the image a title and post the image to the class blog.
- There. You are a digital artist!