We have an opening for a Marketing Communications Specialist who has exceptional writing skills, business development experience and a vivid flair for graphic design. This company is a plastic tubing manufacturer, and what could be more exciting than plastic tubing? We employ over 100 people in McMinnville, OR, and as North America’s largest independent manufacturer of plastic tubing, we are proud of our people and our products, and we strive to implement process improvements daily. This position reports to the Sales Manager and plays an integral role in communicating our message to customers, distributors, vendors, the community and our employees.
Communicate to our markets, customers, and employees about our products and organization. Conceptualize, plan and craft messages using a variety of media including print, publications, web, email, and video ensuring a consistent message and uniform presentation.
• Maintaining website content and design with timely and accurate updates. Analyzing utilization and search engine position.
• Designing and maintaining all printed and online catalogs, brochures, flyers, and packaging materials.
• Researching and recommending print and online advertising opportunities.
• Designing ads and issuing press releases for internal and external announcements.
• Maintaining customer and prospect databases using Constant Contact.
• Designing social media blogs, Facebook pages, LinkedIn, etc.
• Must be experienced with Photoshop and InDesign and able to take photographs as needed for all marketing communications.
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing.
• 2+ years related marketing experience.
• Proficiency in the following software programs and applications: InDesign, PhotoShop, and Constant Contact.
• Possess strong database knowledge and the ability to translate statistics into improved communications;
• Superior verbal, written and presentation skills; Project management skills;
• Present decisions, strategies, and positions to executive management, including justification for each;
• Interpret new marketing communication trends and incorporate those in campaigns, where appropriate;
• Effectively present information to customers, vendors and employees one-on-one, or in small and large group situations;
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers;
• Work independently and as a member of a group in a cooperative and collaborative manner;
• Use or develop reliable systems and work habits to effectively prioritize and organize a multitude of tasks for self and others;
• Identify potential problems and independently seek out alternative solutions, including research, trial tests and communication of activities to others.
Location: McMinnville, Ore.
About the Company We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to provide technical user support to all staff. This position requires superior customer service skills and a commitment to continuous improvement. This Company is a plastic tubing manufacturer that employs over 100 people in McMinnville, OR. As North America’s largest independent manufacturer of plastic tubing, we are proud of our people and our products, and we strive to implement process improvements daily. This position reports to the Information Technology Manager and provides direct support to all areas of the business.
• Provides technical support to end users, resolving issues and escalating problems as appropriate.
• Ensures all communications are conducted in a timely and respectful manner.
• Oversees the daily performance of computer systems and office equipment.
• Operates as a front-line responder to all user inquiries with the ability to install and perform minor repairs.
• Develops training materials and procedures, and trains users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Reads technical manuals, confers with users, and conducts computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or provide technical assistance.
• Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
• Analyzes network data to determine network usage, disk space availability, and server function.
• Configures and defines network parameters.
• Configures security settings, WAN or LAN equipment, and documents network support activities.
• Identifies the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
2+ years related PC and network experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independent of direct supervision
Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain system and equipment updates
Familiarity with SQL, MAS500, Crystal Reporting, Citrix, Cisco, and Exchange Server
Location: Portland, Ore.
One of our clients is a small web & multimedia firm based in Portland Oregon, and is looking for an Android App Developer who wants a great way to build professional experience in a fun environment. This position will start out as a part-time/contract-to-hire position to help the client work through a back log of projects. If the workload continues at the current pace, this will develop into a full-time/long-term/salaried position (depending on the performance of the candidate). THIS POSITION IS IN-HOUSE. Knowledgeable interns and people fresh out of college are encouraged to apply!
About the position:
The developer will wear many hats and work very closely with the owner of the company. This job is primarily for Android App development position. The developer must be able to take completed PhotoShop design files and create fully operating apps from them.
The developer needs to be a team player with a great personality. They need to be dependable, responsible, function well under deadlines, a self-starter, able to work independently, and able to take instructions easily. Our ideal developer will have a positive “can-do” attitude. Our developer will know when a project warrants “perfection” in coding or when it is simply requires “what-ever it takes to get the job done fast”, and be comfortable with both. Our developer needs to be a fast learner comfortable with wearing multiple hats and taking the lead on a project if called on to do so.
This position is in Portland & starts immediately. This position could easily (and quickly) lead to a full time position if the developer proves to be an invaluable member of our team.
- Intermediate to advance understanding of Java for mobile development (For Android, Kindle FIRE) A MUST!
- Able to work with Designers to take PhotoShop files from design mock-up to final App and/or Website.
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of object oriented techniques.
- Programming, programming using classes, and other structured programming principles.
- Understanding of XML, AJAX, Linux, Apache is a plus.
- Writes proficient document code.
- Has knowledge of debugging code and re-engineering structured code work.
- Can write code from pseudo code, verbal instructions, and using process flow diagrams.
- Must be equally adept in and comfortable with new application development and maintaining existing code.
- Must be diligent about documentation and logging time.
- Photoshop experience is a BIG plus.
- Able to meet budgets & time-frames as promised.
Location: Portland, Ore.
One of our clients is seeking that powerful mix of design guru who just also happens to be able to write some mean code. We’re willing to go with someone light on backend programming skills as long as they more than make up for it with impressive UX design chops. We are constantly building web-centric data driven applications that require a solid understanding of information and feature management. The ideal candidate would be excellent at creating simple intuitive interfaces for rich-client web apps; designing for mental models, not implementation models; doing this all very quickly and iteratively of course.
Responsibilities would include:
- Work with product owners to understand requirements and then craft a design using a rapid tool (white board, Balsamiq, wireframes… something else) that conveys that aha moment.
- Build views for MVC based applications
- Improve the design and information architecture of the entire application, iteratively.
- Assist in rebuilding a customer and prospect management system.
- Assist in building other tools and mini applications as needed.
- Continually develop skills as a member of an agile development team.
If you believe that this is the right opportunity for you, then wait no longer. Apply today!
Marguerite Casey Foundation 2012 Journalism Scholarship – scholarship open to print, electronic and new media collegiate journalists, $1,800 award. Scholarship application deadline is February 29, 2012.
Location: Tualatin, OR
Employment Type: Full Time
Description: Solution provider of best-in-class voice response and speech recognition technologies with existing business systems is seeking to fill a newly created position of Sales Engineer. This position will be responsible for advancing opportunities to timely closure by capturing customer requirements, collaborating with internal staff to prepare compelling and timely proposals for voice technology solutions, and engaging as a technical resource with channel partners and end users. The Sales Engineer position will leverage knowledge of industry trends and technology advances to effectively contribute to product development and engineering expertise roadmap. Additionally, this position is responsible for creating content and developing educational presentations and leading training sessions with channel partners. Qualified candidates must be capable of quickly gaining competency of complex technical subject matter, shifting priorities under pressure while maintaining routine follow-through on deadlines and customer promises, and self-directing with limited guidance or formalized structure. Requires a minimum of three years* of experience in technical sales, sales engineering or equivalent, including working independently, collaborating with co-workers and customers to deliver excellent customer service and sales results. Technical knowledge of and experience in software, preferably with experience in the telecommunication industry; successful record of presenting written information in a professional and compelling manner, and intermediate to advanced skills with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, project management software, contact relationship software (CRM), creation of technical diagrams in flowcharting or other software required. *Candidates who are Bachelor or above graduates who have less than the required years of experience may also be considered as Trainees. Education and experience must be focused on technical knowledge of and experience in software and candidates must have the ability to work independently and collaborate with co-workers and customers to deliver excellent customer service and sales results. Experience in presenting written information in a professional and compelling manner and intermediate to advanced skills with MS Word and MS PowerPoint required. Proficiency in project management software, contract relationship software (CRM), and creation of technical diagrams in flowcharting or other software is highly desirable. Coursework and/or experience in sales techniques are helpful.
To Apply: http://trupphr.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-266567.html.
Kudos to Dr. John Barber, who was highlighted in the Columbian this week. The event he hosted that got the newspaper’s attention, National Unpublished Writers’ Day, was a big success. It was held at the Clark County Historical Museum, which houses the Brautigan Library, Barber’s research project. Over 175 people showed up to learn more about writing opportunities and pay homage to the late American writer Richard Brautigan, who came up with the idea for UWD. Check out the article here.
From this week’s Mac’s List: