Here are two jobs recently sent me by a local company. If you are interested and fit the requirements, let me know and I will move the application along:
Job #1: HelpDesk Support Technician
The most important parts of this position are excellent customer service skills. A lot of the skills listed for this position are readily available in the marketplace so a key differentiator is how prospective candidates will interact with company employees – our customers. It is imperative that all interactions are handled professionally and with the utmost regard to being friendly. In addition to this core soft skill, the ideal candidate should be able to learn quickly, possess a great attitude, and be able to adapt quickly to the dynamics of an ever-changing IT environment. Lastly, strong analytical skills and the multi-tasking mindset will also be given hiring priority.
Primary Responsibilities and Skillsets:
1. Monitor Helpdesk (Dell Kace) and respond to company employees technical needs in a timely manner
2. Strong knowledgeable in Microsoft suite of desktop products – Windows 7/8 and Office 2013
3. Experience with PC hardware/software setup and installation
4. Upgrade PCs, laptops or thin-clients by utilizing pre-defined processes
5. Install scripted, off-the-shelf, or hosted applications
6. Install and efficiently troubleshoot desktop OS’s and they myriad number of web browsers
7. Mobile and wireless configuration understanding
8. Good oral and written communications skills and translate these to our internal knowledge base
9. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
10. Ability to work independently and with others
11. Strong problem solving skills
12. Knowledgeable Microsoft messaging (Exchange/Outlook) setup at client level
13. Ability to follow pre-defined processes
14. Able to work flexible hours and shifts
Job #2 IT Systems Administrator
This position will be primarily responsible for maintaining and supporting a diverse windows network, related infrastructure, and all related desktop devices. Specifically, this includes but is not necessarily limited to: physical and virtual server configuration/setup, desktop imaging tools, and automated deployment of software to servers/workstations. In addition, the ideal candidate must value customer satisfaction. A strong aptitude and desire to learn new relevant information coupled with the ability to effectively incorporate these into daily responsibilities will ensure long-term success.
The ideal candidate must be proactive, energetic, and easily adapt to change resulting from the dynamics of a modern work environment. Being a team player and results-oriented are critical soft-skills that will also be required. This also includes being helpful, professional, and the fortitude to remain focused and productive under pressure while sharing in a commitment to superior customer satisfaction.
•Excellent knowledge of Active Directory including Server 2008R2 and 2012R2. This includes managing DHCP/DNS and complex GPO’s.
•Excellent understanding of PowerShell, VB or other windows scripting languages
•Excellent knowledge of Server virtualization (Hyper-V preferable)
•Hands-on Network operations experience in multi-site Windows management including –, Firewall/VPN, TCP/IP, Switches (CISCO), File servers, SAN based Data storage
•Good working knowledge of ISCSI SAN technology – NetApp preferred
•Good working knowledge with Exchange 2010 including DAG and HUB\CAS roles. Candidate should be able to create groups/accounts, and possess quality Exchange troubleshooting skills.
•Experience with management of Firewall/VPN (Sophos/Cisco preferable)
•Would prefer experience with Dell Kace product line
•Experience with Desktop and Network management & monitoring tools like Solarwinds.
•Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of five years’ experience in similar role supporting an environment comprised of multiple locations and hundreds of user is required
Bachelor’s degree in computer or related field preferred
Certifications such as MCITP, MCSE, and CCNA are preferred